Nepal Visa Regulations: Nepal welcomes tourists from around the world to explore its breathtaking landscapes, rich culture, and vibrant traditions. To visit Nepal for tourism purposes, you will need to stick to the following tourist visa regulations:
1. Visa on Arrival: Most tourists can obtain a tourist visa upon arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and various land border crossings. It is advisable to bring a passport-sized photo and USD cash for visa fees.
2. Visa Categories:
3. Visa Extension: If you wish to prolong your stay, you can extend your visa for up to 150 days per year (30 days at a time) at the Immigration Department in Kathmandu or other regional immigration offices.
4. Visa Requirements:
5. Overstay Penalties: Be mindful of the expiration date on your visa. Overstaying can result in fines and possible deportation.
6. Visa for Children: Children under 10 years old travelling with their parents do not require a visa. However, it’s advisable to carry relevant identification for verification.
7. Multiple Entry Visas: Nepal offers multiple entry visas, which allow you to exit and re-enter the country during your stay. These are especially useful if you plan to explore neighbouring countries and return.
8. Visa for SAARC Nations: Citizens of SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation) countries are eligible for a 30-day visa on arrival for free.
9. Visa Waiver for Certain Countries: Some countries, such as India, do not require a visa for visits up to a certain duration. Check the latest regulations to confirm your eligibility.
10. COVID-19 Restrictions: Due to the ongoing pandemic, health and safety regulations may affect visa issuance and entry requirements. Check with the Nepali Embassy or official government sources for the latest updates.
Please remember that visa regulations can change, so it’s essential to consult the official website of the Nepal Department of Immigration or contact the nearest Nepalese embassy or consulate in your country for the most up-to-date information before planning your trip. Enjoy your adventure in the breathtaking landscapes and rich culture of Nepal!.